E3 Metals Corp - The Evolution of Energy
In Alberta, lithium is known to exist within the formation water, or "Petro-Lithium", that sits directly below the oil and gas within certain very well understood and highly prolific reservoirs, such as the Leduc Formation. E3 Metals Corp strategically selected the permit areas with the Devonian System in Alberta for their ability to produce large volumes of water, which have been tested in our permit area to be enriched with lithium. E3 Metals holds the largest consolidated land package of metallic and industrial mineral (MIM) permits within the Leduc and other Devonian reservoirs in Alberta. Some of E3 Metals projects and adjacent areas have been tested for lithium historically, and are known to have lithium concentrations as high as 135 mg/L.
E3 Metals aims to accomplish:
- Capturing lithium from “wastewater” produced from mature oil fields
- Repurposing old oil infrastructure, developing resources without drilling
- Our land tenure has the potential to deliver a large quantity of lithium enriched brine, this will be required to deliver a globally significant lithium project of circa 20,000t per year of LCE
The project path for the first 12 months involves:
- Sample the waste-water brine within the known lithium enriched areas
- Explore new and untested areas for lithium enrichment in formation water by systematically sampling across our permit area
- Develop our maiden Mineral Resource based on the sampling results obtained
- Develop a lithium extraction solution with a two-pronged approach
- Working with lithium process companies and testing our brine with their existing process methodologies
- Developing our own solution through key industry collaborations
- Leverage the existing reservoir data available from the oil/gas industry to develop a reservoir model
- Combine the reservoir model and lithium sampling results to complete E3 Metals maiden Mineral Resource strategically selected from one of our multiple project areas
Chris Doornbos (P.Geo), President, CEO and a Director of E3 Metals Corp., is a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and has read and approved the technical information contained in this website.